Yeah, so, I’m not a big fan of the listicle, but listing 40 things I love was too good to pass up. Thank you, Iva Ursano and Kamga Tchassa for tagging me. For you both, I will make an exception just this once.
To tell you the truth, I had loads of fun coming up with this list. I’m still smiling!
Here we go:
1. When my wife and I are riding in the car, and she looks over at me, smiles, and tells me what a sexy man I am.
2. When my daughter can’t sleep, and I lay in her tiny bed with her, and she snuggles her face into my chest.
3. The song, “Round Here” by the Counting Crows, especially when Adam Duritz sings, “She said, shhhhh, I know. It’s only in my head.”
4. Singing “A Long December” on New Years Eve.
5. Red Horse beer.
6. White Christmas lights.
7. When my mom and dad tell me they are proud of me.
8. The first time I heard my unborn child’s heartbeat.
9. When it’s hot and humid outside, and I go in the house to realize I forgot and left the air conditioner on.
10. Driving a new car off the lot.
12. Quarter Pounders from McDonald’s.
13. When Grammarly flags a word, but I know it’s correct, so I don’t correct it. Best feeling ever!
14. My beard, especially after I add beard oil and it lays down nicely with no hairs sticking up.
15. Taking a cold bucket bath after sweating outside for a few hours.
16. The smell of a musty basement.
17. Fried chicken gizzards.
18. When you smell the snow before it actually starts snowing.
19. Santa Claus.
20. Orange. The color.
21. My man bag. I’ve always just had a wallet until I came to the Philippines. Now that I carry a bag, I always have room for my stuff.
22. My house.
24. When my wife sends me a text telling me she loves me and I was just thinking about her.
25. The first sip of coffee in the morning, even if it burns my tongue.
26. Putting Vicks on my chapped lips.
27. “Left for Dead” on the Xbox.
28. Abercrombie and Fitch perfume (My wife’s scent).
29. Chamomile tea.
30. Menudo. The kind you eat, not the musical group.
31. Reading. In general.
32. Road trips. I love to drive.
33. “The Crow” with Brandon Lee.
34. Collecting books in my Kindle.
35. Cold water.
36. Laughing at dad jokes.
37. The smell of Tiger Balm when you spread it on your sore shoulders.
38. Hall’s cough drops when my anxiety is bad (something about the menthol).
39. When you put your first words on the first page of a new journal.
40. My Family above all!
I know I’m supposed to tag other people, but I think I’m kind of late to this party, so I’ll say this: if you feel in your heart that you want to do it, by all means, make a list!
Have a great day!